Re: RARA-AVIS: Nag, Nag, Nag Noir

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jul 2009

       Try Love's Lovely Counterfeit.

    Cain had a lot of trouble publishing despite his early successes. I can't

    recall how many novels he left behind unpublished, but there are a few.

      I love LOVE'S LOVELY COUNTERFEIT. I thinks its one of the most unjustly maligned novels in history. I don't think anybody including Hammett (RED HARVEST) or Jim Thompson (WILD TOWN)offers a better description of how a city falls under the sway of its criminal element than Cain does in that novel. I found it compelling. I loved reading it.

    Patrick King