Re: Re : RARA-AVIS: Motel Noir

From: foxbrick (foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2009

    Actually, Norman Bates is Nothing But existential crisis.

    But, Mario, you are absolutely correct, the novel is superior to the film(s, though the second film of PSYCHO is a travesty)...PSYCHO II the novel somewhat better than the PSCYHO II the film, with which it shares little, and PSYCHO HOUSE is the worst of Bloch's novels, the only one I'd say doesn't really repay the reading (the further sequels, like the PSYCHO remake, are not really worth the effort either).

    Todd Mason