Re : RARA-AVIS: Best Sheriff Mysteries (was "western vs noir, cowboy vs private eye")

From: E. Borgers (webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 11 Jul 2009

    If you want a sheriff in rural settings, then go for John Mac Partland’s I’LL SEE YOU IN HELL which is a first class HB/noir novel. Though and violent.

    Also: SWEET CHEAT by Peter Duncan: rural, ironic, caustic and a good novel with a sheriff battling against bigotry…. Not to be missed.

    HOT SPOT – Charles Williams – dark, noir and twisted. In a small town. Sheriff is not the center of the story.

    And speaking of Williams, why not his masterpiece of humor, tongue in cheek, 100% rural with a sheriff as secondary character of great importance: THE DIAMOND BIKINI

    There are others, of course, but this is a good start.

    E.Borgers

    POOLAR  NOIR

    http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir