Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Newsweek names "Fifty Books of Our Times"

From: James Michael Rogers (jeddak5@cox.net)
Date: 03 Jul 2009

    Well, I said I liked the book. As a matter of fact, I like most of P.D. James's books, especially A Taste For Death. But I think she is obviously riffing off of the classic cozies of the Twenties and Thirties, and doing so in a very literate and sometimes moving way. The only book I am familiar with that approached HB was Innocent Blood which I also thought was one of her least successful efforts.

    James