Re: RARA-AVIS: THE SWITCH

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "cptpipes2000" <cptpipes@...> wrote:

    > John Lau said:
    > > I'd go with Stick, Swag and City Primeval.
    >
    > Those are my favorites as well, with Swag leading the pack, but all of those 70's era Detroit novels have their moments.

    And they hold up marvelously well three decades later... Let me add my favorite, Freaky Deaky, to the pile. I have to say that, while some Leonards are better than other Leonards, I have yet to be bored by any of his books. That is something valuable, I think.

    In the past several months I used a weird method of picking reads, and ended up alternating between Leonard, Donald Hamilton and miscellaneous Westlakes... I wasn't bored for a second.

    Best,

    mrt