RARA-AVIS: Criminal by Ed Brubaker

From: Brian Lindenmuth (blindenmuth@gmail.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2009

    In the past there have been discussions about Criminal by Ed Brubaker and how the essays from the issues weren't collected in the trades. In November Icon is going to be releasing deluxe editions in hardback. The first deluxe edition contains books 1-3 and extras will include:

    -A Criminal short story
    -the five page "movie trailer in comics form" that Brubaker and Phillips created to announce the series online
    -illustrations
    -behind the scenes looks
    -painted covers
    -selected articles

    and more.

    No word yet on which ones made the cut but I figured I'd pass it on anyway.

    Also there is a new Criminal comic coming in September called The Sinners

    "Criminal's most popular character, Tracy Lawless, returns in The Sinners. It's been a year since Tracy was forced into working for the bad guys, and now made men are turning up dead all over the city, in what appears to be mob-style hits. But since criminals don't go to the cops for justice...only Tracy can solve the crime."