RARA-AVIS: Re: trying to find a detective series from the 1980's

From: doghouse_riley (doghouse_riley@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jun 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Alyx Deverux" <alyx.devereux@...> wrote:

    > ok here goes nothing, i'm trying to find a hard boilled series that was published in the early to mid 1980's through the mid 1990's and no i don't remember the author of the series the only things that i can remember about it was that it had lots of raunchy sex between a a detective and his clients mostly very busty blonds i know it's a long shot but if anyone can point me in the right direction to find the series i'd be very grateful.

    Johnny Wadd: The Novels?

    Joe Copp by Don Pendleton?

    Were they paperback originals? How many books were there?

    There were a few series that struggled to fuse the hard-boiled novel with slightly more explicit sex scenes, mostly by small fringe paperback publishers, hoping for Spillane-like sales. Some weren't too bad, given the expectations, but none of them really caught on.

    Even the Joe Copp series, which I think made it into hardcover, hung on as much because on Pendleton's name, I think, as the actual books.

    Kevin