RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir then, Noir now

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 25 Jun 2009

    Al, what's interesting is this quest for these blockbuster qualities might be what's driving book sales down by putting out so many books that fit the same formulaic mold. I personally think The DaVinci Code had a devastating impact on the industry, even if it sold a hundred gazillion copies, by pushing these editors to want the same sort of "relentlessly commercial" prose that The DaVinci Code was filled with.