RARA-AVIS: Hammett's Op

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Jun 2009

    This may seem like a dumb question, but here goes:
      Is the Op who appears in Hammett's Continental Op stories always the same operative?
      Certainly the characteristics of the Op in each of the stories is very similar, as is his M.O. But has it been actually established that the Op is always the same Op?
      I only recently read RED HARVEST, and I read most of the other Op stories over the course of several years -- the last of which was prolly 15 or more years ago. And this question just popped into my head yesterday.
      So, it may be a dumb question, but that's why I'm here: Somebody's gotta do it sometimes.

    - Duane www.pulprack.com