Re: RARA-AVIS: more on the future of crime fiction

From: Fred Willard (fredwillard2555@comcast.net)
Date: 22 Jun 2009

    The conventional wisdom of the book biz becomes self-fulfilling prophecy when you have the same committee determining titles and shelf- space.

    I'd rather this not be the case, but it seems to be the reality that writers and readers have to deal with at the moment.

    It's like the real estate business, everyone chases the same high profit niche.