Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Slapstick-Silly Noir

From: Stephen Burridge (stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 17 Jun 2009

    I haven't read "Hard Man", but I did read Guthrie's "Savage Night" and thought it was a very good book, though some of the more over-the-top stuff wasn't to my taste. I enjoyed the first couple of Bruen/Starr Hard Case collaborations but gave up on "The MAX" because there were too many named crime writer references/in jokes. A little of that kind of thing goes a long way with me.

    I don't know any of the authors involved personally.

    Stephen