RARA-AVIS: Re: The Tough Cookie Crumbles

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 06 Jun 2009

    Kevin,

    I think you've been reading too many crime novels. The police can't resort to the use of firearms in every (most) situation--there would be riots in the streets if they did.

    Mike's been telling me he's been having to engage in 3-4 physical altercations a week on the job, usually in trying to break up bar room brawls. Why any guy in Matteson, no matter how drunk they might be, would try to take Mike on is beyond me. Anyway, there's a reason why most cops have to be tough to do the job.

    --Dave