RE: RARA-AVIS: the upcoming future of crime fiction...

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 19 May 2009

    Lawrence wrote:
    "Given that they're now doing Jane Austen with zombies, . . ." Not that new a development -- I Walked with a Zombie was a zombie remake of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.
    ". . . I'm sure the next thing will be Marlowe with werewolves..." If you want that, you might want to check out Harry Phillip Lovecraft, first played by Fred Ward in Cast a Deadly Spell, then by Dennis Hopper in Witch Hunt (directed by Paul Schrader, writer of Taxi Driver, among others). They're not great movies, but they're fun. Mark