RARA-AVIS: the upcoming future of crime fiction...

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 17 May 2009

    my agent keeps telling me no one is buying anything other than celebrity books and vampires, but it was still startling to look at publisher's marketplace to see how last week's sales broke down:

    mystery/crime -- 1 sale announcement--Nevada Barr's next 3 books

    thriller -- 1 announcement--4 new books from the late Robert Ludlom's estate

    romance -- 16 announcements

    --Dave