Re: RARA-AVIS: ARCs and Collectors

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 May 2009

    A guy I knew who worked for a major London bookstore would supplement his income by selling signed ARCs. Collectors paid big bucks for them because they were rarer than signed first editions. Naturally he didn't tell the authors signing 'his copy' that this was what he was doing.

    Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: Douglas G. Greene <dgreene@odu.edu> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 2:36:37 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: ARCs and Collectors

    I am surprised that book-collectors don't often show much interest in ARCS. By their very name, they are released before the trade copies, and are bibliographically the earliest state of the first edition.

    Doug Greene