RARA-AVIS: Re: question about plot idea

From: Frederick Zackel (fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 08 Apr 2009

    > I heard a thriller writing talking the other night about how his latest
    > book has the "unique" plot device of having the detective investigating
    > the crime and realizing that he might be the guilty party.

    The last Poirot by Agatha Christie had this plot.

    Poirot dies from complications of a heart condition at the end of Curtain: Poirot's Last Case, where he moves his amyl nitrite pills out of his reach. It is revealed at the end of Curtain that he fakes his need for a wheelchair
    (he wants to fool people into believing that he is suffering from arthritis).