RARA-AVIS: Readers Digest Condensed Books - believe it or don't- Davis Grubb

From: Eric Chambers (nqexile@yahoo.com.au)
Date: 19 Mar 2009

    Wandering through a second-hand good shop past a wall of Rd condensed books the words, 'Night of the Hunter' jumped out at me. Nah! couldn't be. But it was. RD condensed Vol 4 British edition 1955 including Davis Grubb's Night of the Hunter. Made me wonder - Anybody know of any other Noir/Hard-boiled titles that have received the RD treatment? Any authors out there that have had their work condensed? Just curious. Speaking of Davis Grubb, does anyone recommend the 1971 movie of his book 'Fools Parade'? This was directed by Andrew McLagen and starred James Stewart, Anne Baxter, Strother Martin and Kurt Russel. Was it any good?

     Eric

          Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox