Re: RARA-AVIS: Disappearance of the Private-eye and detetive film

From: sonny (sforstater@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Mar 2009

    i'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who posts here (and ever has), or blogs or writes online (and of course stories, articles and books on actual paper), for keepin it alive. it, for me, being anything i like and find good, entertaining, interesting.

    i might not know what's noir or hard-boiled and what isn't, but i know what i like and i've heard about books and movies for the first time here and elsewhere from people, so thank you all.

    i just finished james ross' 'they dont dance much' and now i'm starting 'the last of philip banter' by bardin.

    i caught 'the mask of dimitrios' on the tube recently. i had read the ambler book some time ago.

    i like much that is older and much that is new, tho i try to be pretty sure i'm gonna like stuff before wasting money or time, as both are very scarce to me any more. so others' knowledge and opinions are very helpful with that.

    i liked dave z's 'small crimes' a lot, as everyone here that's mentioned it has, i believe. i'm in the middle of allan g's 'savage night' (loved 'hard man').

    i'm gonna watch altman's 'long goodbye' one of these days ;)