RARA-AVIS: In the Electric Mist -- Too Much Coffee, Man

From: Kevin Burton Smith (kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 16 Mar 2009

    Speaking of P.I. films, I just caught IN THE ELECTRIC MIST.

    Eh.

    It seemed rushed to me, a little too twitchy and over-caffeinated, and didn't quite capture the slow burn dream-like quality of Burke's novel, which I loved. There were other discrepancies, as well -- I don't remember Dave being quite such a hands-on sumbitch, for example. A disappointment then, but still worth checking out for fans, definitely.

    Kevin