RARA-AVIS: Re: The Horsemen

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Mar 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

    > most of the men and women in rank and file policework these days are too
    > young to even remember that counter culture reference to their profession

    I still hear it, I think it has currency among adolescents. I don't know that it ever disappeared. There is also the classic cyclical resurgence. I am amazed to see how many very young Grateful Dead fans there are. It happened with Ellington and the blues in the sixties. All of a sudden, an entirely new crop of fans, young ones.

    Best,

    mrt