Re: RARA-AVIS: how to write noir

From: Don Lee (donthepoet@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Mar 2009

    Awesome link, thanks!

    Don

    --- On Wed, 3/4/09, Patrick King <abrasax93@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Patrick King <abrasax93@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: how to write noir To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 11:37 AM

                There is a famous Ian Fleming article called: How To Write a Thriller which the master published in 1962. It's here:

    http://www.jamesbon dwiki.com/ page/Ian+ Fleming%27s+ Essays

    This is not, of course, "noir" but it is both informative, instructive and amusing. If you really follow Fleming's suggestions, you can write a thriller in about 6 weeks. It helps if you have an independent income, live in Jamaica, and have famous friends who can bring their groupies to dinner at your house.

    Patrick King