Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Best noir novel (was Red Right Hand)

From: akarim1462@aol.com
Date: 03 Mar 2009

      Well said Dave [below], couldn't agree more, I chatted to Charles Ardai at The Shamaus awards last year, and we both agreed that Russell Hill's novel was excellent, though I did point out that he needed a British proof-reader, as the he got the price of Fish and Chips completely wrong as well as a couple of other quirky British-ishs, which did not detract from his ROBBIE'S WIFE which I wrote about last year -

    _http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2008/03/lust-trust-and-afternoon-gone-right.h tml_
    (http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2008/03/lust-trust-and-afternoon-gone-right.html)
      And as for Robin Cook / Derek Raymond - well his work is noir / charcoal and not for the faint of heart -

    _http://existentialistman.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-was-dora-suarez.html_
    (http://existentialistman.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-was-dora-suarez.html)
      Now I'm gonna have to read Pariah and Small Crimes soon, I just live in perpetual guilt with my book piles, so many damned fine books await my reading glasses!
      Ali