Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Raoul Whitfield

From: James Reasoner (jamesreasoner@flash.net)
Date: 03 Mar 2009

    ----- Original Message ----- From: Mark D. Nevins To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:37 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Raoul Whitfield

    I have really enjoyed the Whitfield I've read, and am looking forward to reading more of it. The "Jo Gar" sequence seems to have quite a reputation, and I wish someone would collect it. (Could this be a possible target for HCC?)

    Mark Nevins

    Crippen & Landru reprinted quite a few of the stories several years ago in JO GAR'S CASEBOOK. but I believe there's still a Jo Gar "novel" (one of those series of linked novelettes) that has never been reprinted. I like the Jo Gar stories all right, first read one of them in Goulart's THE HARDBOILED DICKS, lo those many years ago, but I really like most of Whitfield's other stuff even more.

    James Reasoner