Re: RARA-AVIS: A Clockwork Orange - spoiler

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Cain <IndieCrime@...> wrote:

    > I think he meant that given free will, man will often choose evil.
    > Not that man always chooses evil. At least that's how I read it.

    I don't think that's the case. If it were, criminals would be the majority but, in every society, without exception, criminals are a tiny minority. My own belief is that there is an intrinsic, primeval goodness in man. It is just a belief, but it is strong. The philosophers have had a big party with this for thousands of years...

    Best,

    mrt