RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime (Was Black Lizard Bonanza)

From: Kent Morgan (tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 26 Jan 2009

    McNally Robinson, which is Canada's largest and most successful independent bookseller, has been clearing most of the early Hard Case Crime books for
    $1.99. They were asking $3.99 when the books first were in the bargain books clearance section. The Canadian cover price is $8.99. McNally has a shelf in its mystery section for Hard Case Crime and seems to bring in most of the titles when they are released even if it's just a couple of copies. Our local mystery independent in Winnipeg, Whodunit, doesn't stock Hard Case Crime as the first few titles, which I asked them to bring in, apparently didn't sell. I have also seen some titles for sale at $4.00 on a book clearance table in Zellers, which is part of the Hudson Bay chain and competes with Walmart.

    Kent Morgan