Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Bonanza

From: mhall@berkeley.edu
Date: 25 Jan 2009

    >> BTW, they also had overstock piles of Hard Case Crime over the last
    > few weeks. Almost all the titles from the first year as well as some
    > later ones such as the Mickey Spillane and some Max Allan Collins.

    For the last 2 months both the Half Priced in Berkeley and Moes Books in Berkeley have had some of the Hard Case Crime Books in their remainder area. Moes is selling them off for $3.99 each; while Half Priced is selling them for $4.98 each.

    I'm not sure its necessarily bad news--a lot of the Hard Case Crime novels are in Amazons 4-for-3 promo. The discount between Half-Priced and Amazon ain't that much different.

    Half-Priced Books in Berkeley has also had a very healthy pile of the Shadow and Doc Savage reprints too. Touch more expensive, but those two series also seem to be going strong still.

    Best, MEH