Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Bonanza

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 25 Jan 2009

    I wondered that myself when our local Half-Price Books started putting out piles of Black Lizard overstocks. There were a bunch titles by David Goodis and Jim Thompson. I too wondered where they'd been all these years. They looked pristine liked they'd just been printed.

    BTW, they also had overstock piles of Hard Case Crime over the last few weeks. Almost all the titles from the first year as well as some later ones such as the Mickey Spillane and some Max Allan Collins.

    Jeff

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gonzalo Baeza" <gbaeza@gmail.com> To: <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:50 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Bonanza

    I don't know how these Black Lizard overstocks have survived for so long but I've found several titles at Daedalus Books in the DC area. I also bought all of the Rabe titles you point out, plus the Carco novel and a few Jim Thompsons.

    -Gonzalo.