Re: RARA-AVIS: ...things said...

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2009

    I very much doubt that we can ever know what ³the real feelings of the author² are...and they simply donıt matter...if you enter the path of judging the authorıs views, real, reported or inferred...you are on a slippery slope... The text is what matters...and not because it is art or entertainment or whatever, but because it is there to be read...
    ...at least thatıs the way I look at it and how many teachers taught us, from Toulouse to Michigan... I am sometimes interested by the life of an author (or filmaker) but the books are what I concentrate on...Their bios are another type of narratve...wether in print or as a film (docu...)

    Montois