RARA-AVIS: Re: The Hard-Boiled Classics

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jan 2009

    "djpenfold2003" djpenfold2003@yahoo.co.uk djpenfold2003 wrote:

    <<
    .. . . snip . . .
      also i would like to put a woolrich on this list but i find his short stories so much more satisfying than his novels so i will stick with the collection 'nightwebs'

      I agree about the comparison between Woolrich's novels and stories. I prefer the short work.

      By the way, Tom Roberts at Black Dog Books has a volume of interest to Woolrich fans -- maybe just Woolrich completists, but still, it IS Woolrich:

      <<
      THE GOOD DIE YOUNG—And Other Early Stories of Romance By Cornell Woolrich Edited and with an introduction by Gene Christie 35 uncollected works by this master of suspense!

      http://blackdogbooks.net/catalog.0.html1.0.html

      - Duane
      www.pulprack.com