Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Piccirilli (was: Re: Jack O'Connell's top 10 books of 2008)

From: Sandra Ruttan (sandraruttan@gmail.com)
Date: 10 Jan 2009

    I'll leave it to others - I won't bite. I've had these conversations.

    But I will say this: noir is extremely overused, to the point where it's been so diluted it's a meaningless term and I do think that it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, for a series to be truly noir.
     It may be dark, but that's not really the same thing.

    I'll sit back with my popcorn now that I've stirred the pot, but to bring it back to point, I've since had it pointed out to me The Coldest Mile has been referred to as a sequel. Haven't had a chance to check yet if it's really is just a sequel, or if it's a series. That again may prompt me to readjust my assessment.

    Cheers, Sandra

    --
    THE FRAILTY OF FLESH Nov 08 Dorchester
    LULLABY FOR THE NAMELESS Dec 09 Dorchester