Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jack O'Connell's top 10 books of 2008

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 08 Jan 2009

    Yes. I'd recommend checking out A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN as well -- it's most definitely territory I've not encountered before.

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "jacquesdebierue" <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> To: <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 4:49 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jack O'Connell's top 10 books of 2008

    I see that Jack O'Connell says this:

    <<The Fever Kill by Tom Piccirilli: Here's one that can fairly be judged by its cover-the pre-distressed, faux-yellowed design and the
    '50s drugstore lettering are perfect signifiers of the breathless, gritty, Thompsoneque story you'll find inside the wrapper. Pic is legit heir to David Goodis but with his own unique strand of brutal DNA that makes him the chief scout on the frontier of 21st Century noir.>>

    This description makes the novel enticing and almost mandatory for me... Does anybody second Jack O'C.'s endorsement?

    Best,

    mrt