Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Westlake, An Appreciation

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 03 Jan 2009

    Jeff asked:

    "So, The Hunter is the second Paker novel?"

    According to Berkeley Medallion it was. They started their numbering with Slayground, which was the one new paperback they published in their short Violent World of Parker series (with that label in the upper left hand corner of each cover, along with the number they assigned), then followed it with four or five more, starting with Point Blank (the title they used for The Hunter, even though the movie was largely forgotten in those pre-home video days. The others were random choices, too, no order. I remember they published The Score as Killtown, The Outfit, maybe one or two of the others with Score in the title, but not Man with the Getaway Face or, I don't think, The Jugger.

    Mark