RARA-AVIS: crime fiction for kids?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Dec 2008

    My niece is 8 years old. I was wondering if some of you parents out there might be able to tell me if there are any good mysteries aid at that age. I'm guessing that's a little early for Nancy Drew, but is there a modern day equivalent to Encyclopeda Brown? Do girls like that? I'm not being sexist with that last, but my niece is a bit girly in her interests.

    Mark