RARA-AVIS: Fredric Brown, was Black Wings Has My Angel

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2008

    > That's one I don't have. Thanks for the tip. Isn't Fredric Brown
    > almost completely out of print? There isn't even much Brown in used
    > bookstores, at least not in the ones I visit.

    Recently it seems there hasn't been much in print. Carroll & Graf reprinted a few of his titles in the 90s, such as the Screaming Mimi, The Lenient Beast and Murder Can Be Fun. Dennis McMillan had the story collections. Black Lizard reprinted (twice) The Far Cry and His Name was Murder in the 80s. But they all seemed to have disappeared, which is a testament to his popularity. I must add though, that I don't think he's ever been completely out of print. Amazon, for instances, shows nine titles in print, mostly story collections.

    Jeff