RARA-AVIS: Re: Hard Case Crime series

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Nov 2008

    The local Barnes and Noble does carry a few HC titles only. As far as I've seen, they only carry the recognized names. However, I've seen numerous HC copies in independent bookstores, where I tend to shop for mysteries. The B&N stock of mysteries seems to exclude a fair number of books what interest me. The section is large, but the noir and hardboiled selection, as well as the reprints of interesting old stuff, are weak. We must be a minority that doesn't matter all that much financially to those bookstores.

    Best,

    mrt