RARA-AVIS: Re: Hard Case Crime series

From: m23to53 (library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 23 Nov 2008

    Here in the UK we have a scheme called Public Lending Right, through which authors, who have signed up to the scheme, get payments based on the loans of their books. Not great but handy sums. It is based on lending figures from a selection of libraries which are changed at frequent intervals, so can be a bit hit or miss for less popular authors who may not be bought by every library. Not sure if overseas authors are allowed to participate. If you want to know more, PLR's website is www.plr.uk.com/

    John

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, sonny <sforstater@...> wrote:

    > good news/bad news. i can no longer afford books. i use the
    library. my library is pretty good (philadelphia), but there are and will be more cutbacks by the government.

    > they have just a handful of the HCC's
    >
    > do authors get any money when people take out books from the
    library or just whatever from the copies the library purchases?

    B&N,