RARA-AVIS: Re: THE FOLLOWER book trailer!

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "davezeltserman" <davezelt@...> wrote:

    > Jason, I know these days everything is tried to get books exposure.
    > From your experience/observations, how effective are book trailers in
    > attracting new readers?

    I am not Jason, but I have some friends who have made trailers in order to attract youtubistas and such, of which there are millions. It is one more tool, a good one, in my opinion.

    This is a simple example, a photographic trailer for Jim Kunstler's novel _A World Made by Hand_. It got over 27,000 views, probably from people who would not otherwise have heard of the book (or the subject matter).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zi_u0Q1RwY

    And Jason, I will pass on the word about your trailer.

    Best,

    mrt