Re: "Grimly Existential" as Opposed to "Noir" (Was: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Comic Book)

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Nov 2008

     I believe "shit happens," but "grace happens" too.

    This is something that has always bothered me about those dopey bumper stickers. When does grace "happen"? Whenever I have had the pleasure of seeing grace it inevitably comes from careful, conscientious training. It is sometimes replete in ones upbringing, but it never just "happens." Shit on the other hand is solid waste and when you gotta go, you gotta go.

    Patrick King