RARA-AVIS: Gas City

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2008

    On a whim I picked up a copy of Loren Estelman's Gas City at the library on Saturday afternoon. By Sunday afternoon I was finished with it. It was a quick, entertaining read, and a good entry in the
    "corrupt city" subgenre pioneered by Hammett. It was well structured and Estleman kept tight control of a story with a large cast of characters. The last corrupt city book I read was Andrew Vachss's Two Trains Running, which was kind of a mess. Gas City blew it away.