RARA-AVIS: Re: Type Size, Publishing Realities [was: Stark House reprints - which

From: Kevin Burton Smith (kvnsmith@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 10 Nov 2008

    somedog wrote:

    > I agree, with my own Aging Eyes, that Small Type Face is a constant
    > Frustration. (Esp, as so many of the Classic PBOs are in Tiny
    > Font....I don't have a PICA tool handy, but I'm guessin' many are
    > 8pt or less.)

    Of course, back then, people weren't quite as vain. They wore glasses if they needed them.

    Consider the curiosity of an entire industry (the large print industry, plus all those magnifying sheets and non-prescription reading glasses you see in bookstores and drugstores and WalMart), which exists largely so people won't have to wear glasses or go see an eye doctor.

    And speaking of curiosity, what's with the Sporadic Weird Capitalization? It's sorta annoying, like listening to someone whose meds aren't quite working.

    If you Know WHAT I Mean...

    Kevin Burton Smith www.thrillingdetective.com