RARA-AVIS: re: Dover Beach

From: Jiro Kimura (jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 06 Nov 2008

    >Posted by: "DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net"
    >Wed Nov 5, 2008 3:14 pm (PST)
    >
    >Years ago (wow, just checked, nine years ago), during one of our
    >periodic discussions of hardboiled/noir sci-fi, Jiro Kimura highly
    >recommended Richard Bowker's Dover Beach. I started half-heartedly
    >looking for it. Never searched online, but I'd check for it in the
    > sci-fi sections any used bookstores I happened to be in.
    ><snip>
    >So, thanks for the recommendation Jiro, if you're still around these
    >parts.
    >
    >Mark

    Dear Mark,

    I am still around lurking. Thank you for remembering me and Dover Beach. I don't know what has happened to Richard Bowker. I read a sequal to Dover Beach in manuscript -- still unpublished -- which Bowker sent me. The sequal is not as good as Dover Beach. Bowker told me that Bantam Books was not eager to sell that book, as it happens sometimes, and that's why very few people know of this post-apocalyptic novel.

    Jiro

    Jiro Kimura
    e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp
    The Gumshoe Site:  http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/