Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Chrichton Passes

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, <funkmasterj@...> wrote:

    > A terrible shame - a great writer is lost.
    >
    > I plan to read his book Zero Cool next in his honor. I looked for
    Odds On a while ago, but only saw it available online for $200+.

    I've never read Chrichton, but now that he has died, it is likely his books will be reissued on paperback very quickly. Not that long ago I learned about his Lange persona, but haven't found any of those books yet (didn't look really hard given the huge to be read pile, which is boxes and boxes deep or whatever boxiness is measured in).

    Even though I don't know his work, I regret his passing. He obviously had many fans and a lot of success.

    Best,

    mrt