Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Review of Ken Bruen's Latest

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 02 Nov 2008

    There's a whole lot of white space in my copy of The Guards. It struck me as soon as I opened the book. The leading (the space between lines of text on a page) is huge. I figure the publisher was trying to get a small paperback number of pages into one of those unnecessary plus-size paperbacks. I think the idea is that if the book is bigger and thicker you think you're getting more for your money. Like with quilted toilet paper. There's less paper on the roll, but it looks bigger, so people don't notice.