RARA-AVIS: Re: Crumley obit and questions

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2008

    Mark wrote:
    > It mentions that Ray Bradbury wrote a trilogy of mystery novels
    > featuring a detective named Crumley. Are these any good? Are they
    > hardboiled? What are their titles?
    >
    > It also said he made "occasional trips to Hollywood in the 1980s to
    > work on screenplays." Originals, adaptations or script doctoring?
    > Any ever get made?

    Thanks for this, Mark.

    I was also unfamiliar with these Bradbury novels until I saw it mentioned on Crumley's Wikipedia page this morning. I would like to give these a shot and would welcome any comments on them as well.

    I have read that Crumley worked on a draft of Judge Dredd, but that none of his contributions made the final script. I know I saw another article at some point that mentioned he'd worked on a screenplay for The Big Nowhere.

    Chris