Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare Books Continued - Behold This Woman

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 18 Sep 2008

    Mario wrote:

    "I couldn't believe in the story. I had the same problem, but worse, with The Burglar. Not all of Goodis is all that goodie."

    I'm with you here. Interestingly, we don't seem to agree on which are the lesser works. I haven't read Behold, but I liked The Burglar. It was Dark Passage that had me scoffing at the ridiculous coincidences, like a random cab diver who not only recognized the escaped con and believed in his innocence, but also just happened to know a plastic surgeon who would change his face and keep quiet about it. Come on!

    However, the best of Goodis are among my very favorites of anyone.

    Mark