RE: RARA-AVIS: Ha(r)l(an) Ell(i)son...

From: DCG! (damncrazygringo@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Aug 2008

    Years ago, when I first got to know Harlan Ellison, I asked him if "Hal Ellson" was one of his many pseudos ----- he adamantly said "NO!!", and iirc, went on to praise Hal Ellson's work a sentence or two later.
      While I know he would never sign one of Hal Ellson's books (as either HAL ELLSON *or* HARLAN ELLISON), I also know that he can be cajoled into signing his own early novel DOOMSMAN under the pseudo "Jules Verne", and possibly others. (He'll never sign it under his own name, natch.)
      Either that, or he may offer to pay you some dosh for the book, so he can rip it up before your very eyes. ;)

    Ciaoders,

    From: Ron Clinton <clinton65@comcast.net> Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Hal Ellson... To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 5:35 PM

    > Let us know what you think of the read, pal. Early Ellison should be good!
    > Steve

    Steve, keep in mind Harlan Ellison and Hal Ellson are two different writers...

    Ron ps: Easy to get their names confused though...I see I even did it myself once in the orig. message.