Re: RARA-AVIS: Hal Ellson...

From: Steve Gerlach (stezzariffic@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Aug 2008

    Let us know what you think of the read, pal. Early Ellison should be good!

    Steve

    ----- Original Message ---- From: Ron Clinton <clinton65@comcast.net> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, 31 August, 2008 7:37:43 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Hal Ellson...

    I picked up today at my local mystery bookseller a collection that I hadn't heard about before...so thought I'd pass on an alert:

    RAW RUMBLES, The Hal Ellson Omnibus, features DUKE ('49), TOMBOY ('50) and THE KNIFE ('61).

    I've not read the old Juvenile Delinquent stuff before, but have always seen Ellison (among others) plastered all over the pbo mail-order catalogues and whatnot, so figured it was time to give JD a try. Since Ellson is generally regarded as the Father of this sub-genre, this would seem like a good place to start.

    Amazon has it here:

    http://www.amazon. com/Raw-Rumbles- Hal-Ellson- Omnibus/dp/ 0977895238/ ref=sr_1_ 1?ie=UTF8&s= books&qid= 1220131823& sr=8-1

    Ron C.

          Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset