Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jim Thompson recommendations?

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Aug 2008

    --- On Tue, 8/26/08, davezeltserman <davezelt@rcn.com> wrote: I'm also a Thompson fan. At one point or another I thought I had all

    his books (I tend to loan them out), and realize the one book of his

    I've never read was Child of Rage.

    Jim Thompson is my inspiration. Every one of his books is thought provoking and well-crafted. A couple of weeks ago I read THE CRIMINAL. It has a very unusual structure. It's told from the point of view of several different people involved around the rape and murder of a young girl. We know from the beginning who the perpetrator is, but the irony of the title is left to the last page. I haven't been able to watch Nancy Grace in the same way since I read it. Jim Thompson was a genius.

    Patrick King