RARA-AVIS: Re: The Dark Knight

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2008

    Brian,

    Re your comment below:

    "I found THE TWO JAKES, although flawed, to be a terrific film, and far better than most anything you'd find in a first run movie house during the late 80s/early 90s/."

    We're in the same book on this one. Maybe even the same chapter, if not quite on the same page.

    A fine movie, the best of all post-1966 (the year of HARPER) private eye films with the clear exception of CHINATOWN itself.

    JIM DOHERTY