RARA-AVIS: Re: summer reads

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2008

    > Anyone got a recommendation of one last summer read for me?

    SEVERANCE PACKAGE was mine as well. Read it when I should have been sleeping on a red eye flight because I couldn't help myself.

    The timing of the last few Don Winslow books have made him an (almost) annual summer read. I remain disappointed that POWER OF THE DOG doesn't resonate like, say, AMERICAN TABLOID. THE DAWN PATROL is a terrific addition to his work.

    I am a bit late to the party, but I've enjoyed Peter Spiegelman's John March series this summer as well.